It was another defeat for Asante Kotoko at the Baba Yara Stadium on Thursday night when visiting Nsoatreman FC recorded a 1-2 victory to jeopardise an already disastrous season for the Porcupines Warriors.
The results left their fans fuming after the match as they accused the players of not fighting enough for the Kotoko jersey.
According to them, it was unacceptable for Kotoko to pick only a point from a possible 18 since the resumption of the second round of the season and called on the Life Patron to step in before things got out of hands.
It was a sluggish start for the Porcupines who desperately needed a win to pacify their fans after a winless run for five consecutive matches.
The visitors who have proven to be tough customers for Kotoko anytime they visited the Baba Yara Stadium dominated the early exchanges by raiding Kotoko’s half in quick succession.
Their dominance paid off in the 22nd minute when Abdul Manaf Umar tapped in a cross from the right side of attack for the opener.
They continued to dictate the pace after taking the lead as Kotoko struggled to put simple passes together with their fans growing impatient by the minute.
After 30 minutes, Kotoko looked so ordinary despite the inclusion of Steve Dese Mukwala who had been absent in their last two matches due to national team duties.
They however restored parity on the 40th minute through Shadrach Addo who unleashed a thunderous strike on the edge of the box after being set up by Enoch Morrison.
The two teams went into the break a goal apiece, setting the stage for a grueling second half.
Asante Kotoko resumed the second half with some sense of urgency as they strived to put smiles on the faces of the home fans for the first time in a while.
Nsoatreman would however prove a hard nut to crack with their backline scoring full marks for repelling all the threats from the Kotoko build ups.
As Coach Prosper Nartey Ogum pushed for the second goal, he pulled out Baba Yahaya for Peter Acquah Amidu in an effort to strengthen his attack.
The substitution failed to add bite to the Kotoko attack, and with 15 minutes to end proceedings, the Kotoko gaffer introduced more fresh limbs which saw the likes of George Mfegue, Augustine Agyapong and Bernard Somuah joining the fray for the final push.
Abdul Manaf could have sealed the game for the visitors with five minutes to end the match when he pounced on a loose ball in the box, but his effort went just over the cross bar.
Three minutes into stoppage time, Mohammed Abdul Rahman restored Nsoatreman’s lead with a beautiful goal leaving the Kotoko defence dumbfounded.
Sandwiched between about four Kotoko defenders, the attacker calmly received the ball from the right flank, turned around before unleashing a ferocious strike beyond the helpless Danlad Ibrahim.
The goal eventually condemned Kotoko to their 10 defeat of the season as they failed to fight back.
Nsoatreman adds to Kotoko’s agony after 2-1 defeat
Public urged to engage in regular medical check-ups
Madam Mary Deenu, a Matron at the Keta Municipal Hospital, Volta Region, has urged the public to prioritise their health by engaging in regular check-ups.
Regular check-ups could help identify signs of ill health for early diagnoses and treatment to save lives, she told the Ghana News Agency in an interview.
Madam Deenu, also a Nurse Manager at the facility, said factors such as age, family health history, and lifestyle choices would influence how often one should undergo health examinations.
“Recommendations for one to attend health checks differ and are based on one’s medical provider, age, and medical condition. But all adults above 18 should have check-ups once every six months or a year due to the current conditions,” she stated.
The benefits include a reduction in the risk of getting sick, limited risk of complications, increased chance of treatment and cure, increased life expectancy and improved health generally.
“When you check regularly, the doctor will advise you about your medical history, family history of disease, diet, weight, how much exercise to do, among others,” she said.
State of road network in Hohoe great concern to government – Dr Letsa
Dr Archibald Yao Letsa, the Volta Regional Minister, says the government was discussing the state of roads in the Hohoe Municilaity to reconstruct at least the Golokuati to Hohoe and Hohoe to Jasikan roads into a better shape to facilitate movement.
He said the road network in the Hohoe Municipality was a great concern to the government as “this beautiful Municipality cannot boast of any single access road.”
Dr Letsa, speaking during the confirmation of the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) nominee for Hohoe, said the Hohoe-Likpe, Hohoe-Lolobi as well as Fodome- Hohoe roads were also in bad shape.
The Fodome to Hohoe road, a feeder road, was experiencing the level of access that it was not shaped for, he noted.
“If the Golokuati to Hohoe and Hohoe to Jasikan Roads were put into a decent shape, they would reduce pressure on the Fodome to Hohoe road, which would not see the pressure it is enduring now,” he noted.
Dr Letsa said he would alert the Roads Minister and the Member of Parliament to see how to begin works on the roads.
Mr Francis Fiakpui, the unanimously confirmed Hohoe MCE, commended his predecessors for the development paths charted and said he would continue from where they left off.
He said the task ahead was huge, especially in ensuring an improvement of fiscal revenue mobilisation and management, promising to improve public expenditure.
Mr Fiakpui pledged to bring efficiency, competitiveness and diversification into Medium and Small-Scale Enterprises and expansion of the tourism industry.
He said he would ensure expansion of opportunities for job creation, promotion of agriculture mechanization and development, and strengthen the institutional and regulatory framework for natural resources management.
Mr Derek Adzoe, the Presiding Member, Hohoe Municipal Assembly, said Hohoe, being a strategic transit point with immense tourist potential, suffered deplorable road conditions on key stretches.
“These roads not only inconvenience travellers but also impede the transportation of goods and services, hindering economic growth,” he said.
Islamic faithful prays to end Ramadan in Takoradi
Dedicated worshippers of Allah, on Eid al-Fitr Day, Thursday, thronged the Latter-Day Saints premises in Takoradi, to pray to Allah for seeing them through the Ramadan month-long fasting.
The celebration, also known as the “Lesser Eid” is an occasion for special prayers, family visits, gift-giving and it takes place over one to three days.
The Ramadan period of fasting is considered as highly spiritual act of gaining divine strength, ironing out every wrong with Allah and as well seeking for divine interventions in all earthly affairs by devouts of the Islamic faith.
Alhaji Imam Mohammed Awal, the Chief Imam of Takoradi who led the prayers, said the Ramadan period also helped believers of the faith to be morally disciplined.
He said there was only one God, and the only Creator to which every individual must duly pay allegiance and homage to; and that was Allah.
Imam Awal encouraged the believers to give peace a chance to reign, especially in the political season to enable the country to grow and develop.
Some dignitaries who graced the prayer session included Mr. Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah, the Western Regional Minister, and Mr. Fredrick Faidoo, the aspiring member of parliament for Takoradi on the ticket of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Mr. Darko-Mensah donated 20 bags of rice, cooking oils, and cash of GHC 3000 urged.
He urged the faithful and all Ghanaian to uphold the virtues of peace and tolerance particularly as the December general elections approach.
He said the Fourth Republic had come a long way and should now be devoid of insults, violence and opt for exchange of ideas, interrogation of issues and as he put it, “exchange of ideas not war.”
The Western Region Minister mentioned many interventions that have also been put in place for the youth and private sector development and growth in the region.
Fabrizio Romano clarifies Liverpool links to Real Madrid man with huge exit clause as Klopp promises star more game-time
Liverpool have been told to forget any chance of signing Real Madrid star Rodrygo this summer amid claims Michael Edwards was considering a move for the Brazilian as a potential heir to Mo Salah at Anfield.
The Egyptian star continues to be linked with a lucrative move away from Anfield this summer with his deal on Merseyside due to expire in June 2025. And while Salah continues to prove Liverpool‘s most influential player, owners FSG will not want to run the risk of losing him as a free agent if he does not commit to a new contract.
As a result, speculation that Salah could move to Saudi Arabia at the end of the season continues to gather pace. They saw a £150m offer for the 31-year-old rejected last summer, but sources have indicated to TEAMtalk that Al-Ittihad remain very much on his trail and now have a confidence they can lure him to the Gulf State at the season’s end and in wake of their reported offer of a deal worth around £1.5m per week.
The exit of Salah, however, would leave Liverpool with a significant hole in their side to fill. He has scored a remarkable 209 goals in 340 appearances for the Reds and sits third on their all-time top goalscorers list.
Now the man who brought him to Anfield – Edwards – is back in a glitzy new CEO of football role and while his first priority remains finding a successor to Jurgen Klopp at the Liverpool helm, thoughts about whom can replace the Egyptian are also very much in the forefront of his mind.
To that end, Liverpool have been linked with a plethora of high-level replacements for their star man.Liverpool told to forget any chance of Rodrygo swoop on Real MadridOf those, it is perhaps Federico Chiesa and Leroy Sane who have been most commonly linked.In recent days, though, Real Madrid star Rodrygo has been touted as a possible option, with his position at the Bernabeu potentially coming under some threat amid claims Kylian Mbappe is poised to seal a free-transfer swoop to the Spanish capital.
Those rumours have gathered pace amid a recent revelation from the 23-year-old over a 2017 approach from the Merseysiders.
However, transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano has emphatically shut down those rumours, insisting speculation over the 22-times capped Brazil attacker should be immediately forgotten.
“Rodrygo also spoke about having the opportunity to join Liverpool earlier in his career, but there’s nothing more to say about interest from the Reds now – Rodrygo is obviously well known by everyone these days as he’s a superstar scoring goals,” Romano told Caught Offside.
“I’m sure probably all the clubs in the world would like to sign him, but there’s zero happening on that front at this stage.
“His full focus on Real Madrid, with a new deal signed a few months ago which includes a €1bn release clause.”
That deal always appeared fanciful at best and he was probably never really deemed a serious target for Liverpool to go after this summer.
Klopp promises €40m star more minutes
Liverpool’s immediate focus is on Thursday night’s Europa League quarter-final first leg against Atalanta at Anfield, with the Reds looking to take an advantage to Bergamo ahead of next week’s second leg.
The Merseysiders are favourites to win the competition and ensure Klopp’s time in charge ends in the best party imaginable in Dublin on Wednesday May 22 – less than six weeks time.
Thankfully for Klopp, his chances of doing so are aided by the easing of some injury issues at Anfield, with Trent Alexander-Arnold, Diogo Jota and Alisson Becker soon expected to return to training.
All three could play a part in the run-in, while another man expected to get more minutes is summer signing Ryan Gravenberch.
He has made 33 appearances across all competitions this season since a €40m move from Bayern Munich, but has probably had the least impact of the Reds’ four midfield signings last summer.
However, Klopp admits he likes what he sees in the 21-year-old Dutchman and plans to offer him more minutes in the closing stages of the season.
“Ryan played super important games for us. [But he] got injured in bad moments where he could get some rhythm,” Klopp said.
Nkwanta traders relocate to market centre after months of misunderstanding
Mr Felix Owusu Gyimah, the Nkwanta South Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Oti Region, has moved traders back to the market centre after several months of misunderstanding over their relocation.
The traders took portions of the pavement after a shooting incident at the central market in November, last year, that resulted in some deaths and loss of property.
Mr Owusu Gyimah said the return of the traders signalled the restoration of peace and stability, which was crucial to the overall development of the municipality.
He emphasised the importance of traders adhering to the directives to help decongest the town and boost economic activities, while providing goods and services to the residents.
The MCE urged residents to continue working together as efforts were being made to review the curfew time in the Nkwanta Township.
Mr Owusu Gyimah inspected ongoing projects at the market, including the construction of market stalls and provision of social amenities and promised to engage the contractors to expedite action to ensure the projects were completed on schedule.
He asked the traders to pay their levies to the Assembly to demand their share of development.
Madam Doris Yaa Dogbey, the market queen, commended the MCE for efforts to improve the development of the town, saying his commitment towards enhancing peace and stability was evident, hopeful for a brighter future.
The market women appealed for completion of the new stalls and the provision of toilet facilities to make their work at the market comfortable and ensure hygiene.










